Last modified: September 25, 2023
This Privacy Notice applies to MeliBio, Inc. (“MeliBio”, “Company”, “we” or “us”) and describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites at www.melibio.com or mellodyfoods.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. MeliBio develops and sells proprietary blends of plant-based honey made without bees (“Product” or “Products”).
This policy applies to information we collect:
• Through our Website.
• In email and other electronic messages between you and the Company.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This policy may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, company/employers, job title, gender, time zone or geographical location, email, cell phone or other contact information (“personal information”);
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as login information or credential status; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
Information We Collect Directly From You
We collect the following types of information directly from you when you provide it to us, for example:
• When you send an email to us, reach out through our Website messaging system;
• When you apply to work at MeliBio, we will collect any information you choose to share with us in your application and resume.
Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as usage details, IP addresses, and data collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. This may include:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and Product and their contents to you. • To provide you with information that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or Product, including new Products as they may become available to you.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile
Our Legal Bases for Handling Your Personal Information
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal grounds they rely on to use or disclose your personal information. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
Legitimate interest: In most cases, we handle personal information on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
• Providing our Website and providing information about our Products;
• Marketing our Products;
• Protecting our users, personnel, and property;
• Analyzing and improving our business;
• Processing job or other applications; and• Addressing legal and ethical issues.
Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal information on the basis of implied or express consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into our Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile, checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Depending on your location, you may be eligible to request that we provide you access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you, including information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes; ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or erased; object to our processing of your personal information; request that we restrict certain processing; transfer your personal information to a third party; or honor your withdrawal of consent for certain processing of your personal information. We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interest or to comply with a legal obligation. Before responding to your request, we may require that you provide us with additional information to confirm your identity. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the authorities applicable to your situation. However, we invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concern, as we would be happy to try to resolve it directly.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. Those rights include: (a) the opportunity to know about the personal information collected about you and how it is used and shared; (b) the right to delete personal information collected and stored by Company; (c) the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information.
This Privacy Notice explains what information is being collected, used and shared by MeliBio. We do not sell personal information as defined under applicable law.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure through use of our Website. Any payment transactions through use of our Website will be processed through a third party.
Although we make reasonable efforts to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet and storing information electronically. MeliBio cannot and does not guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
What Happens When We Transfer Your Personal Information
Personal information we collect may be stored and processed for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice in any country where we have operations or where we engage vendors or service providers. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you originally provided the data. We rely on a variety of legal mechanisms to help lawfully support transfers of personal information outside the country where it was collected. To the extent permitted by law, by using our Website or submitting your personal information to us, you agree to such transfers.
How Long We Keep Your personal information
We only keep your personal information for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as required by law, or as necessary to resolve disputes and enforce our rights and agreements. To dispose of personal information, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1176 19th Street, #5 Oakland,
CA 94607, United States